The Flows to the Future Project is now accepting submissions for a 2018 Flow Country calendar.
Submissions for the calendar should be related to or inspired by The Flow Country peatlands of Caithness and Sutherland and all forms of visual art are welcome, such as drawing, painting and photography. The deadline for submissions is the 31st July 2017.
Successful candidates will have their work displayed in the calendar. It is hoped that entries will cover all facets of the Flow Country peatlands, from the landscape and wildlife of this internationally important habitat, to the people who live and work here. A copy of the calendar will be distributed to all households within Caithness and Sutherland free of charge.
As well as this open call for submissions, there will also be a number of events to generate material for the calendar. The first event is Pathways to Poetry, a poetry Workshop with award winning writer and poet Laura Morgan, which will develop words to complement the calendar images. This will be held at Timespan, Helmsdale on the 8th April, 10.30am – 1pm and will include a short walk and exercises to help stimulate creative thinking. Booking is essential, contact Jenny, Communities Officer on 01641 761312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The calendar could provide a sponsorship opportunity for a local business. If your organisation would like to have its logo seen by all households in Caithness and Sutherland please get in touch with Jenny.
Now for the important stuff, please read the following Entry Guidelines and the Terms and Conditions.
We look forward to receiving your entries!
PHOTO COMPETITION ENTRY GUIDELINES
- You can enter an image into the competition by emailing it to us at Jenny.Middlehurst@rspb.org.uk and including “Flow Country Calendar” in the subject title
- You can also enter on Instagram by tagging your image with #flowcountrycalendar
- The competition closes on the 31st of July 2017
- We welcome submissions from people of all ages – entrants under the age of 18 years must have parent or guardian consent to enter
- We require that images submitted are of sufficient quality to reproduce to the following specifications: At 300dpi, landscape – 3800x2000 pixels, portrait – 2200x3600 pixels
Terms and Conditions
Photographic Consent Form